Types of Data We Collect“Personal Information” means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular person or even a household. Information You Provide to Us.
- We require certain Personal Information from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, company name, and password, when you create an account to log in to our Website (“Account“).
- When you use our Services, we may collect Personal Information from you:
- Such as your governmental identification, date of birth, and other information to obtain or verify your identity;
- If you are a Borrower, we may collect information related to your loan transaction, including without limitation Personal Information in your loan application, your signature;
- If you are a Notary, we may collect your notary certification, qualifications related to being a notary, office location, professional history, and other information related to providing notary services.
- If you use our Services on your mobile device, we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
- If you are a Company or a Notary, then we will collect all information necessary to manage payment flows for the completed transaction. Depending on whether you need to pay fees (Company) or we need to forward fees to you (Notary) this information may include your name, credit card information, bank information, automated clearing house information, billing information, and billing address. We do not store this information directly on our servers, but this information will be collected by or shared with third party payment processors, who will help process any Fees.
- We retain information on behalf of the Company initiating the transaction, such as files, messages, transaction history, and timestamp information.
- If you provide us testimonials, feedback, or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content you have included, in order to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
Use of Your Personal InformationGeneral Use. In general, we use the Personal Information you submit to us or we receive from others about you to help you create an Account or to deliver the Services. For example, we use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- identify you as a user in our system;
- identify the type of user you are in our system;
- verify and check your identify;
- confirm ownership of your email address, and payment provider account;
- preventing and protecting against fraud, including, without limitation, with respect to handling of payments;
- to provide you with a streamlined account experience;
- to process and fulfill your transactions or contact you concerning the status of a transaction;
- provide improved administration of the Services;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Website;
- send you a welcome e-mail to verify ownership of the e-mail address provided when your Account was created;
- send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- provide you with targeted offers and advertising, including on the Website, via direct mail, e-mail, or push notifications, and to contact you about upcoming sales, promotions, offers and product information. You may receive these offers in advertising that is directed to you via third party websites and media properties, including in social media;
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our products and for other marketing purposes of CloseWise; and
- enforce our Terms of Service.